At school, we run a daily Breakfast Club. At present, no booking is necessary: parents can simply arrive at the Pawsey Close entrance any time from 7:45am when the Club opens, and pay the £1.00 charge for their child's attendance (there is currently no a sibling discount in operation). Payment in advance, to Breakfast Club staff, is also possible.
Children are looked after in the Nursery provision from 7:45 - 8:30am. A breakfast of toast, cereals and milk is available from the start of the club until 8:15am.
Children are supervised by school support staff and Learning Mentors. As well as having breakfast, children take part in supervised group activities, and play educational games, the aim being to set them up for a day's learning at school.
Please speak to staff in the school office for further information.
Each term, we put together a timetable of extra-curricular clubs that children can participate in after school.
Unless otherwise specified, the clubs are all run by Selwyn staff, who have a particular enthusiasm for the subject/activity on offer. The timetable changes every term, to allow children to build different experiences across the year.
There is no charge for attendance at any of the clubs, which run from 3:15pm to 4:15pm, Monday to Friday. The current term’s timetable is available as a document to download.
Please enquire at the school office for further details and how to book. To ensure that we are able to continue to offer these opportunities, we ask parents to support the extra-curricular clubs provision by:
1) Ensuring that their child attends the club(s) he/she registers for at the start of term, throughout the term, and
2) That parents collect their children promptly at 4:15pm after the clubs finish. Collection arrangements will be as per the usual end of the school day.
As part of the Leading Learning Trust, we are pleased to be able to offer after school care, from the end of the school day until 6:00pm, Monday to Friday, at Portway Primary School (also part of the trust).
Additional details are available from the school office. A few key points:
1) Selwyn children would join Portway children for the Mix to Six club.
2) The club will be supervised by Portway staff.
3) The maximum number of children who can attend this club on any given day is 40. Should there be demand for additional places, the Trust will try to work with parents and staff to achieve this.
4) This club provides after school care, as well as a snack for all children. It is not a ‘homework club’, although children wishing to do their homework will of course be supported by staff. Activities include: story time, outdoor play, free play, and videos when it is not possible for the children to be outside.