02 July - Selwyn Press - Newsletter
Further to an internal advertisement process which was run recently, we are delighted to confirm that Helen Mawer has been appointed to the role of Head Teacher at Selwyn. She will lead the school from September 2018, and I will move to a CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the Leading Learning Trust. In this new role, I will focus on trust-wide leadership.
- There are a large number of events and outings taking place over these final few weeks of term. The school calendar provides further information - please take a look.
- Our Reception children enjoyed their gardening in the lovely weather this week.
- Our year 3 children were also out in the sunshine practising being Roman soldiers, and using the shields we made.
- A team of Key Stage 2 children took part in Newham's spelling bee, and are now through to the finals - we are very proud of their performance!
- Please remember that as the term draws to a close, it is essential that children attend school every day; any gap in attendance, at any time of year, has a negative impact on learning. We look forward to seeing all children at school every day, unless they are ill.
Finally, I know that you will join me in wishing Helen every success in her new role in September. Her wealth of experience and in-depth knowledge of life at Selwyn will stand her in very stead in this new leadership position.
Executive Head teacher
Back to latest news