07 December 2018 - Selwyn Press - Newsletter
Friday 07 December 2018
The term is drawing to a close, but things continue a-pace at Selwyn, with some highlights from the last week as follows:
- The Book Fair will be running after school from the 6th - 13th December - please do remember to pop in at the end of the school day with your child.
- A group of year 5 and 6 children recently speent a fabulous week at Treginnis Farm in western Wales. Those who were not able to make the trip and stayed at school made their own 3D model farms - we were very impressed! You can find more pictures on our Facebook page and Twitter feed (postings were on the 4th December and on the 23rd November).
- Year 5 went to visit the British Museum - after last week's making of tapendade in our own garden, the children were able to see artefacts from ancient Greece at the museum, further bringing their learning to life.
- The choir, joining the Portway choir, sang beautifully at St John's Church in Stratford as part of the local Winter Wonderland celebrations. Thanks to parents who came to support the children as they sang their hearts out!
- Well done to 2B and 5B for their 100% attendance record this week; thanks again to parents and carers for their support.
Excitement is building at school for the final week ....and the countdown to Christmas!
Head teacherBack to latest news