11 October 2019 - Selwyn Life - Newsletter
Welcome to this week's edition of Selwyn Life. It's been another busy week of learning at school, both within and beyond the classroom. Highlights include:
- We are delighted to introduce our Head Girl, Head Boy and their Deputies, as well as our House Captains - and we look forward to working with them this year as representatives of their peers.
- Congratulations as ever to our Stars of the Week for demonstrating courtesy, commitment, care, cooperation and consideration in all you do at school.
- Further congratulations to our Readers, and to the winners of our Achievement certificates.
- We have shared the attendance of all classes this week, and are delighted that RB, RG and 3C all achieved 100% attendance last week.
- Our special assembly this week was led by our Place2Be team, who encouraged the children to share how they are feeling. This was in support of Mental Health Day.
- We loved year 5's wonderful Greek inspired designs created as part of their art lessons!
- Year 4 were hard at work in the garden, using flax to create bandages.
- We were impressed with the effort, teamwork and resilience displayed by our year 4, 5 and 6 children in the Unicycle Club - not an easy skill to master, but they didn't give up!
- As always, we have included tips on how to keep your children safe online.
We are also running a new feature in Selwyn Life, where, each week, we have a short interview with a member of staff - we hope that parents enjoy learning a little more about the inspriational team we are so fortunate to have at Selwyn. Thanks to Miss Hart who is first up!
....and a reminder that next Friday, 18th October, marks the final day of the 'autumn 1' half term, after which we have a half term break. School will re-open on Monday 4th November.
Head teacherBack to latest news