14 June 2019 - Selwyn Press - Newsletter
It's been a busy week both at school and beyond - needing 3 separate newsletters to capture everything! Highlights include:
- A big well done to our Selwyn Spelling Bee children for buzzing their way to a place in the Newham finals!
- 4C have had an amazing opportunity to practise their swimming in the Olympic Pool at the Aquatic Centre in Stratford - and have made tremendous progress through the 2 week programme.
- Year 5 and 6 children have been honing their archery skills at the after school club runnig this term, and have really enjoyed developing this new skill.
- The children had an opportunity to celebrate all their hard work and our recent retention of our Ofsted Outstanding judgement. Thank you to parents who raised money to supply popcorn and a drink to the children....it was a real afternoon at the movies!
- Our Reception children further developed the learning they have been doing around the book The Paper bag Princess by making their own newspaper princess outfits - we loved them!
- Year 3 had an opportunity to get their hands sticky as they explored the properties of clay and made sculptures, as part of our art provision.
- 5A were also out and about in Stratford and Epping, surveying local businesses and traffic flow. We were, as always, impressed with the way the children conducted themselves as excellent ambassadors for our school.
- All the children participated in Maths Week, undertaking challenges using the Sumdog online platform. We were very impressed with their performance.
- We are delighted to welcome Miss Gaise to our Nursery team. We extend a warm welcome to Miss Gaise and to parents and children in our new Nursery class.
- As always, a group of very proud children were awarded their 5Cs certificates. Congratulations to everyone, and keep up the good work.
As always, there is a lot still to come this term. Please keep up to date by consulting the school calendar, which is updated on a weekly basis with all dates published in Selwyn Press.
Head teacherBack to latest news