16 July - Selwyn Press - Newsletter
Welcome to the final issue of Selwyn Press for this school year. Please open the Newsletter to read about our action packed final week of term, some highlights from which include:
- A highlight of the term has been the trialling a new piece of learning technology, accessed via our school tablets, called Learning by Questions. See the newsletter for more details.
- A number of children took part in the Newham Mini Games held on the 12th July. Congratulations to all the children, particularly the Boccia team who won gold!
- Our children performed in the E13 Groove concert, at which they played brilliantly. Well done to everyone who took part.
- Our musicians were in action again at Newham's Musical Festival of Youth at the Theatre Royal in Stratford. Again, a wonderful experience for the children.
- Well done to our swimmers who took part in a two week training event at the London Aquatic Centre at the Olympic Park - they worked very hard.
- Thank you to everyone in our school community who supported the Summer Fayre; it was lovely to see everyone together.
- Congratulations again to the Child of the Year, which we celebrated in a special assembly.
- Well done to 5C, the class with the best attendance this term.
I am also delighted to report that the provisional results for the Year 6 SATS tests are very encouraging, and our big improvement on last year's results has already been highlighted in this week's Newham Recorder. We will communicate these in more detail once they have been verified in the autumn term.
The end of the school year and the start of the new year is always a time of change, of celebration, reflection, and of saying goodbye to some staff and welcome to others.
On behalf of everyone at Selwyn, I would like to extend a special thank you to the members of staff who are leaving us, and wish them every success in their future endeavours. At the same time, we look forward to welcoming a number of new teachers to our team.
Finally, as per my recent communication, congratulations to Helen Mawer, who has been appointed to the role of Head teacher at Selwyn, with effect from September 2018. At this time, I will be taking up a new strategic role as Chief Executive Officer across the Leading Learning Trust, which I am very much looking forward to.
Thank you again for your support over this year, and my team and I wish all children, staff and Selwyn families a restful summer break.
Executive Head teacher
Back to latest news