21 December 2018 - Selwyn Press - Newsletter
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our staff, our children and the Selwyn community for their support throughout this successful term. We have very much enjoyed keeping you up to date via our weekly newsletter, our Facebook page and our Twitter feed.
Highlights in this week's newsletter include:
- Our end of term assemblies were a great success. My thanks to the children and staff for working so hard to prepare for these celebrations, and to the parents who attended to support the children.
- We all came together to congratulate the Child of the Term - where one child from each class is chosen and their successes recognised.
- The Winter Fayre was another change to get together as a school community; again, my thanks go to the children, staff and families who made this event such a success.
- We had a successful Christmas Jumper Day, and a celebratory Christmas dinner at school during the week, which were enjoyed by all.
- Year 3 meanwhile made divas as part of their learning about how other cultures celebrate important events in their calendars: Diwali in this case.
Thank you for your attendance at the Learner Conferences held last week. We hope that you found these conversations useful.
Please don't miss the news article about our fantastic validated SATS results, published here.
And finally, as I write, school is closing for the Christmas break. We wish all children, staff and parents a merry Christmas and we look forward to seeing the children bacm at school on Monday 7th January 2019.
Back to latest news