27 September 2019 - Selwyn Life - Newsletter
Welcome to this week's edition of Selwyn Life. Highlights include:
- Congratulations to our Stars of the Week, for showing commitment, courtesy, care, cooperation and consideration in all they do at school.
- We were delighted with the excellent attendance across Recpetion this week, with both RB and RG achieving 100% attendance.
- We are following the House Points Charts with interest - congratulations to Emmeline Pankhurst which so far has collected the most!
- Our Year1, 2 and 3 children took part in a Magical Minds workshop this week, which supports our ongoing work around the wellbeing of children, staff and families at our school.
- We started the process of recruiting our Year 6 Head Boy, Head Girl and School Prefects this week, and will share the results soon.
- Roald Dahl Day was enjoyed by everyone; thank you to all parents who helped the children with their costumes. We are delighted to have raised £200 for charity as a result of the day.
- Now that the new building is complete, we are delighted to see the children enjoying the facilities to the full at playtime. Thank you again for bearing with us during the ongoing works.
Two reminders for parents:
- Breakfast Club runs every day from 07:45. The cost per child is only £1.00, and children are able to eat a balanced breakfast, play, and prepare for the day ahead in a safe and nurturing environment. Please speak to the School Office for more details.
- Parents are aware that we are the Borough's provision for deaf and hearing impaired children. Children start the day with a Daily Listening Check, to ensure that the technology they use is working optimally, thus setting them up for a productive day of learning.
As always, please feel free to speak to your child's class teacher, or to a member of the Leadership Team, should you have any queries or concerns.
Back to latest news