04 October 2019 - Selwyn Life - Newsletter
Welcome to this week's edition of Selwyn Life. Highlights include:
- Congratulations to our Stars of the Week for displaying care, courtest, commitment, cooperation and consideration in all they do at school. These behaviours form the basis of our nurturing, supportive school ethos.
- This term, we are also celebrating our Artists of the Week. Well done to our certificate winners!
- 3G and 1K had the best attendance across school this week - well done.
- We heard from our Head Girl and Head Boy candidates in a special assembly this week, and the children all have a chance to vote for their favourite candidate. We look forward to sharing results with our whole school community soon!
- Our Early Years children are settling in to their lovely new indoor and outdoor spaces brilliantly - we are very much enjoying seeing how they choose to use the new facilities.
At Selwyn, we are a learning community, supporting our children, our staff and our parents. Our programmes of learning for our children are very structured, and our staff also all have the opportunity to participate in structured learning both at school and beyond.
Although we have always run informal get-togethers for parents, we are now working with staff and partners to make these more formal. The newsletter describes a number of key initiatives:
- Parent and toddler groups - every Thursday, from this week, from 09:00 - 11:00. Please remember that parents are required to stay with their children. This is open to Selwyn parents, and to other parents in our community - please feel free to bring a friend. There is no need to book, and the sessions are FREE to attend.
- Conversation Circle - every Monday, from 09:00 - 10:30, from Monday 07 October - which provides an informal setting in which to practise spoken English. Arrangements as are per the Parent and Toddler Groups.
Finally, this week's edition of Selwyn Life contains useful video guidance for parents around setting screen time boundaries at home.
Head teacherBack to latest news